Ah, December birthdays. Between the holiday madness and New Year’s Eve preparations, December birthdays can get lost in the chaos. Never fear, though: We asked the HuffPost Parents community to share the ways that they make their family’s December birthdays special. Read on and add any notions you have to the comments below.
2. Consider having a birthday party on their half birthday instead — or a few weeks later in January — when friends are more available to celebrate. If you move their birthday celebration, invite family members over for a party or dinner on the actual day to make it special.
4. Speaking of decorating: balloons, streamers and more are always festive for a birthday! Ditch the garlands and bows and go big with balloons.
5. Make the working day special by letting them pick the breakfast, lunch, or dinner menu.
6. If you have a Christmas Eve or Christmas birthday in the family , give Santa a slice of cake instead of cookies .
7. Choosing separate themes for gifts — like clothes for his or her birthday, and toys for Christmas — can make each feeling unique.
Read more: www.huffingtonpost.com